Weekly Update - what's new at alugha
Here at alugha, we love technology and leveraging it in creative ways for our users to provide unique features and a stellar experience.
That's why we constantly develop, tweak, update and expand our tools and features. Big changes and new feature releases will be announced via email and in our blog section, but there are a lot of improvements happening on a daily basis that you might have missed. We also enjoy receiving your feedback so that we can integrate your ideas into our platform. Send your ideas and feature requests to: email@example.com
You can read up on the latest changes below.
27. July 2020
- Improvement: Migrating press pages/section from angular to react
- Improvement: implement alugha classics-Section in VideoOverview + VideoInfo portrait thumbnail Thats a cool update! We've taken the next step and made it possible for our video producers to include portrait thumbnails for DVD/BD boxes and movie posters on their videos.
- Fix: Registration confirmation is broken, the already-logged-in page is shown instead
- Fix: When registering through collaboration invites, the logout prompt breaks the redirect
- Fix: Didn't set language and draft state for new created article
- Fix: Get wrong error for exisiting yt-videos
- Fix: Update video error enum
- Improvement: Update create video handlers / funtions
- Fix: Fix navbar alignment
- Improvement: STT can now recognize up to 28 languages
- Improvement: Autosegmentation in the dubbr That's a big update! From now on our mega big update for our AI in the Speech 2 Text section is available for the first users. We not only support 28 languages, but also automatic segmentation and recognition of punctuation marks! Here is a demo video:
- Improvement: Enable all languages for "nextgen" skynet S2T / auto segmenting
20 July 2020
- Improvement: We integrated the press section into our React codebase. Another important step to drop Angular.
- Improvement: Miscellaneous style improvements for alucation
- BIG Improvement: Lazy load categories on the video overview. This is a HUGE performance boost!
- Improvement: Added a shortcut to show the desired page number. This will save you a lot of time clicking through the pages on the video overview.
- Fix: Resolved an issue where users could not remove their dubbr segments under certain conditions
- Fix: Resolved an issue that prevented users to invite collaborators to their projects → now there should be nothing in your way.
13. July 2020
- Fix: Resolved an issue that relied on a static URL structure for assets taken from the library
- Fix: The alugha player now starts as expected when a user has blocked cookies and localStorage directly in the browser settings
- Improvement: Added "alugha Travel and Points" section to the video overview (https://alugha.com/all)
- Improvement: Link to edit article after creation and check description slice
- Improvement: Added "most popular channels" section to the video overview (https://alugha.com/all) Thats a cool update! Now you can see the trend on alugha right on the first page with the top ten of alugha videos...
- Fixed a bug where the producer page did not render under certain circumstances
- Fix: Added a shortcut to the video cards where you could jump from one of your videos directly to the dubbr Thats a cool Update! We established a new possiblity to edit your own video as a producer in the dubbr. From now on you'll find a link to the dubbr in the context menu from your video (the small pop-up that appears clicking on the three dots in the bottom right corner of the video card.
- Fix: Resolved an issue where the user's plan does not update immediately after the successful redemption of an AppSumo code. The quota (i.e. streaming, upload and encoding minutes) do also update immediately now.
- Improvement: Introduce custom license
- Fix: Resolved an issue where the dubbr crashes after adding or removing a subtitle segment under certain circumstances
07. Juli 2020
- Improvement: Integrate and swtich to Weblate That's a big update! From now on the translation of alugha websites and services will be much easier. We have switched completely to Weblate and thus simplified and accelerated the workflow of translations.
- Improvement: Always minimize all tracks in the timeline that are not active or locked That's a big update! From now on you will only see the complete track you are working on in the dubbr. For that you can pin the main track at the top and customize the timeline view in the dubbr to your own needs with certain key combinations.
- Improvement: Take quotaBoost into account That's a big update! Yeah, one more! It is now possible for users to "top up" individual quotas individually. Be it for streaming, hosting, encoding... We have built an extra admin area where this can be done easily. In addition, we can now also build promo packages directly and pass them on to the users.
- Improvement: Smooth out login process by providing more detailed error messages
- Improvement: VideoCards limit depending on windowSize + cardMenu positioning
- Fix: Resizing browser windows triggers scrollintoview
- Improvement: Remove alucation-section in VideoOverview
- Improvement: Add Points+Travel section in VideoOverview
- Improvement: Include users parameter in videos query graphql
- Improvement: For AppSumo Users better explanation about the difference between plans and extra minutes
- Fix: getTrackTagsQuery is missing showUnlistedTracks
- Fix: Make sure we always import at least one format from YT
- Improvement: create graphql query to filter most popular users
- Fix: Users can not submit vtt/srt with input files larger tha 100kB
29. June 2020
- Improvement: Implement alucation-Section in VideoOverview
- Fix: If the last article of a page is removed in the organizer, the reloading gets stuck
- Use pagination in videoOverview sections That's a big update! We have added "Pagination" for each category on the new videos page. Now you can browse easily through many videos on one page. We have also paid a lot of attention to performance.
- Fix: 'id' must be provided to format a message (CategorySelection)
- Improvement: Modify videosByCategory & recommendedVideos query to make it work with pagination
- Improvement: Include offset in videos query to make pagination work
- Fix: User has no access to video thumbnail and background (image)
- Improvement: Update SB/Influencer/Enterprise streaming minutes That's a big update! We have made a lot of adjustments and put the whole machinery in motion to make this update possible. There are only three numbers listed at the end, but they are very impressive. We had to optimize a lot in the background so that we could keep the costs under control despite the massive increase. Streaming is now much more appealing. Small business has increased from 5,000 minutes to 15,000 streaming minutes, Influencer from 40,000 to 65,000, and Enterprise even from 100,000 to 400,000 minutes. Now that's something!
- Improvement: Add admin reencode buttons for video & (audio) track
22. June 2020
- Improvement: Streaming, storage, and encoding minutes were not clearly explained. We have now split them up in backend/payment.
- Improvement: The status of a video and of an audio track had the same label. We have now changed the status of audio.
- Fix: FeaturedBanner: Something went wrong by changing the window-size.
- Improvement: Redesign of the VideoInfoCards
- Fix: finishTrack job must not use linked asset as a target
- Fix: Subtitle-only tracks sometimes show up in audio selection
- Fix: SRT import dialog is too large on Safari
- Improvement: Implement category-Sections in videoOverview That's a big update! We get more and more producers, users, and videos. So far, we have simply always shown the latest videos that have at least two languages in the video overview. Additionally, we have selected a few categories we provide. After some development time, we have taken the next big step towards offering a Video Hosting Consuming platform. From now on, we will display the latest videos from each category.
- Improvement: Convert TOS to React
- Fix: Viewing watchlist videos results in unexpectedly high CPU usage and may even freeze the tab.
- Improvement: Added new category "Video and Photography".
16. June 2020
- Fix: Don't crash when video asset has no image representation
- Add Ian on team page
- Fix: Lower number of tracks in sitemap
- Add default alugha license
- As an alugha admin, I want to mark a video an alucation video That's a cool update! More and more video producers and tutors are discovering the diverse possibilities on alugha. Multilingual education is unique! From now on, we can define which videos are displayed in our overview https://alucation.alugha.com/all and therefore we can support our producers more efficiently.
- As a user I want to be informed about alughas products That's a cool update! alugha has a lot to offer, and the beautiful thing about this is our modular concept. Every user can pick the cherries he or she needs. Our product pages will explain all the benefits to you.
- As a user, I want to be able to upload an alternate default language audio asset That's a big update! Imagine you've uploaded a video with audio to alugha, but later you get an even better audio recording for that video - what now? Upload the video again and lose the generated clicks on it? No! You now can update your default audio track and upload better quality if need be.
- Implement recommended videos That's a big update! Oh, wow! That's two big updates in one! Our user number is growing. With over 5.5 million returning users watching about 8 minutes of video material at each visit that's quite a lot of traffic. But we have also more producers on our website and therefore more videos to watch. So far, the videos shown to the user were random. But that's not good. You want to watch videos that match your interests! Sounds easy but it's quite tricky to implement. However, we finally managed it and are proud to present the slider on top of the page where you'll find six interesting videos.
08. June 2020
- Add navigation on landing page
- Create Video Overview Banner That's a cool update! So far, most alughans landed directly on a single video page. That's why our video overview was quite simple (https://alugha.com/all). As our number of videos is growing, we started designing them more intuitive. Beginning with a banner on top in which we can promote the very special videos.
- Add dubbr onboarding That's a cool update! The dubbr is our flag ship and has many features. However, feedback from users has been, that the first step aren't very clear. That's why we started implementing a tour on those pages.
- Add translations & team members
- Fix: Disable Feedback Widgets on small screens
- Fix: Only account for public tracks when checking for maxTracks while setting a state to public
- Fix: Fix dubbr buttons
02. June 2020
- Migrate the press resources page from legacy-web
- Add dynamic link for video:content_loc in sitemap That's a cool update! In regard to SEO we are already quite good equipped. For every language we create an own listing for the search engines meaning that a video with five languages tracks is found as five videos - one video for each language. We are optimizing this process contanstly.
- Split AssetContentMobile in different files
- FIx: Update link flow to single asset page / producer page
- FIx: update pricing page to display "unlimited" instead of -1
- FIx: No success message appears after finalizing a track in the dubbr
- Fix: Didn't show download progress for larger assets
- Fix: Users logged in with a persona should still be able to correctly update their main account managers
- Fix: As a sumo-ling I don't want to be routed to the checkout page when I didn't redeem a code yet
- Fix: Update the info message that states the available languages of skynet
- Fix: Window is not defined in the Upload/Marktpalce for Thumbnails and background
- Fetch all possible resolutions from YouTube That's a big update! alugha aims to optimize everything and save ressoureces where ever possible. So far, you could merge your videos from YouTube to alugha and turn them multilingual. Therefore, we used the highest available resolution of the video and encoded it. This is an unnecessary step in the process using up a lot of computing power and energie. After all, YouTube had already done it. If you verified your alugha account with your YouTube account and you want to merge your videos to alugha, it will cost you nothing. We simply transfer your videos on our alugha server.
- Fix: Linked to about:blank for click on library card
25. May 2020
Remember this day! We come out with alugha 2.0! You can only see the changes from the last 4 weeks but imagine... we do this every Monday and this since 4 years now! And finally we reached a totally new level in alugha!
- Fix: Waive watchlist limit when it's a negative number
- Implement GQL mutation for (re)encoding an asset That's a cool update! You might not really notice but we are thrilled! It can sometimes happen that a video gets stuck in the encoding process - for whatever reason. It's really rare, but however, so far we had to go to the server and undo it "manually". Now it's just a push of a button.
- Add platform product page That's a cool update! The alugha universe is huge and you can get lost in the vast space... another alugha page that will explain all possiblities you have.
- Add / Update test for marketplace overview
- Remove routeConfig file and fix some typos
- Fix: Import sub/trans fails if the input SRT file contains special characters
- Fix: Fix import subtitles on macOS/Safari
- Download assets from the Marketplace. That's a cool update! You are now free to download and save videos and images from the alugha marketplace. You can even choose the image resolution.
- Fix: As a dubbr user I need more clarification what a langCode is and why I need it
- Fix: maxTracks calculation includes removed tracks
- Fix: Producer page onboarding
- Fix: Legacy routes in alucation show navigation of main page
- Enabled new encoding server infrastructure That's a big update! We reached the champions league! Encoding a movie on alugha could take quite some time, 4k could take up to 5-8 hours. We worked hard on this one... Encoding now only takes minutes!
- Fix: Make video categories not required
19. May 2020
- Update encoding server for new plan structure
- Fix: Plan upload limits don't seem to work properly
- Manage multiple brands and select them when creating my embed code That's a big update! Now you can create different brands and links to your website and manage them before you embed the video.
- Handle reload after successful account creation
- Let user create invites for his managers &
- Make Personas removable by user(manager) That's a big update! You can now invite other alugha users to manage your account!
- Fix: Register with oauth fails when clicking the register button the first time
- Check for maxTracks when user changes track visibility state
- Add auth actions to login and signup
- Make VideoTable responsive That's a cool update! The tables looked really cool so far... but only on a performant display. From now on our tables are responsive and adapt to the size of your screen.
- Add hosting product page
- Update Arabic translations
- Fix: Video filter in ProducerPage
- Fix: Article filter on producer page crashes when filtering categories
- Fix: The video owner is not able to remove tracks created by collaborators
13. May 2020
- Update encoding server for new plan structure
- As an alugha user, I want to be able to remove player branding That's a big update! You can now remove the alugha logo from the player when you embed the video somewhere else!
- As an alugha user, I want to be able to add my company's logo to the player That's a big update! You can now add your logo to the player and it will be at top of the video when you embed it somewhere else!
- Streamline modal header styles throughout the dubbr
- Create button too small in the marketplace
- Add player product page That's a cool update! Our player became an incredibly big part of alugha and it was the start of all. Over the years it got SO many improvements. Time to give it its own page on alugha to explain what you can do with it.
- Apollo cache didn't update for delete element from producer activities
- Only offer tracks with valid asset-Id as source for background audio
- Some translations are wrong - Improved Spanish and Catalan
- Add Photo and Videography category That's a cool update! For the first time we added another category. We got SO many valid requests for this category that we decided to add it.
- Now the entire alucation website is also available in Arabic
04. May 2020
- Added search field to activities header. You can now search within your activities.
- As a user I want to get an onboarding That's a cool update! You now get an onboarding within different pages on alugha to understand how it works.
- languages array in video is not updated (or wasn't at some point)
- Add "videos" alucation page That's a big update! We now have created a totally independent instance of alugha! It is all about education in different languages with the entire alugha technologies.
- Added query props for view request
- Track if users register from alucation or alugha That's a cool update! Sounds "dangerous" but is pretty cool! We want to make sure that if you apply for free education, only you will not get disturbed from us with alugha activities.
- Store "domain" of user when created in graphQL server That's a cool update! Sounds "dangerous" but is pretty cool! We want to make sure that if you get further informations from us or you watch videos, you get them in YOUR language!
- As a dubbr user I want to set the default track as background audio That's a big update! You can now set the default audio from your video as the background track to any other language track and get the ducking and merging done by our dubbr!!
- Remove old settings page That's a cool update! In fact after we merged all the settings into the new react page it was time to say goodbye to the old angular page!
- Fix links to alucation videos page
- Add youth protection field to video sitemaps That's a cool update! We have added the option to set your video as not good for young people and we want to make sure, that any other search engine will respect this too so we added it to the sitemaps.
27. April 2020
- Let user create invites for his managers
- Refactor react routing
- Fix German translation typo
- Add fallback route on participate page
- Mixed-up video and track owner for video activities
- Added activities That's a big update! You can now manage all the activities within alugha. See all the videos you watched and in which language, same to articles...
24. April 2020
- As a user, I want to get localized error messages for failed requests
- Include missing settings to Producer Page settings That's a big update! We merged from the old and separate settings page to the new React settings page
- Include word wrap in VideoTable Languages. We improved the table style
- Upgrade to react-intl 4 and add unified number formatting That's a cool update! Sounds pretty boring, doesn't it? Well with this update we finally can respect any number format in any language on earth! We are so thrilled to let our users read in THEIR language and read the numbers the way they are familar with.
- Updated gql views request by group
- Added delete with item ids for views
- Added sort for views request
- Add possibility to link to specific participate content
- Fix privacy page translations
20. April 2020
- Video player overlay sometimes disappears even when the mouse is on top and has just been moved
- Add UI component to video page for converting youtube videos to self-hosted
- Prevent google from crawling embedded videos
- As a video owner, I want to invite collaborators via email That's a big update! We always expected from our producers to know the alugha-ID - AND in fact that they already had an alugha account! -of the people they want to invite to translate and dubb. Now it became SO much easier! You can put in the mail address and our system is checking if the user exists. If not he gets an email and with two clicks his account gets created and he is part of YOUR multilingual journey.
- Participate page style improvements
- Activate userback feedback button
- Remove speakers preview tab
- Tools page style improvements